Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prospective...

Wow... That is all my mind keeps saying over and over again.

I am so quick to complain about my husband not doing the dishes or helping with our son. I am so quick to get angry at him when he is tuned into a video game and ignores me when I am talking to him. I am so quick to question his love for me when he does not say it enough or is not romantic enough but ALL of that was put into prospective for me today.

My friend, Mrs. West Palm, found out last night that her husband, who is deployed in Afghanistan was injured in the line of duty and has lost both of his legs below the knee. They have flown him to Germany where he is in stable condition and in good spirits.

Mrs. Palm Beach and I worked together in The Hill and quickly became good friends. She was always one of the strongest people I knew but not even then did I realize how truly inspirational she is. In the light of what had happened to Mr. Palm Beach, she is still wanting to comfort others and keep us all posted, all while caring for their 6 month old baby boy. I would be a basket case.

With The Dad being a firefighter, there is always that element of danger I guess I choose to ignore. I ignore it because that is how I get through every third day alone and not worry my head off.

All of that was said to say this: Mrs. Palm Beach in the face of tragedy has shown me that the small things that I think are so trivial about The Dad are exactly the opposite. That every third day my husband goes to work and into danger but it is up to me to be strong and realize the fact that he does work and he is here with me should make me grateful for him and all that he does do.

I love you so much honey.

To Mrs. Palm Beach...

Once again, you have inspired me. You and Mr. Palm Beach are in everyone of my thoughts today. I am so sorry that this happened to you and your family. If you ever do not feel like being strong... I will be here to lift you up. We love you guys!

Mr. and Mrs. Palm Beach

To those reading this blog, please send up a though, prayer, whatever it is you do for the West Palm family today.

LSW

2 comments:

  1. Ok first of all, cute blog!

    Second of all.. my thoughts and prayers go out to your friend. The little bro lost 9 people in his company on his last tour and watched a good friend get blown up by an IED and lose both legs. Kind of reminds you this war is real..

    And thanks to your hubs and the others who keep us safe. It's truly an admirable job!

    i lover you girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes it all too real... I love you too!

    ReplyDelete