I was so going to post about this weekend in the Hill today but no, I am in NO kind of way to be posting a weekend wrap up. Instead I am ranting, why? Because this girl is pissed.
*Side note, if you are easily offended, save yourself the trouble and the disappointment in me and do not read the following post.
Today I felt unappreciated and disrespected, 2 of my most hated things in the whole ENTIRE effin' world.
I volunteer for several organizations, I enjoy it, I like to keep busy and if you get down to the damn skinny of it I like to feel important. I put a lot of my time into these organizations, time I could be spending at home or on other things that need to be done (not that I do not spend a lot of time at home with my family- Could see that shit backfiring from a mile away.)
I am chair for a certain organizations fund-raiser this year and I have been working my ass off on top of all the others stuff you guys know I have going on and the President called me today and basically made me feel like shit, like I had accomplished nothing. I AM SO EFFIN SORRY THAT THE MAN WHO RAN SAID EVENT LAST YEAR APPARENTLY WALKED ON WATER BUT THIS GIRL DOES NOT. I have put a lot of thought and time into this and for him to question my time and commitment really pissed me off. Why would anyone want to volunteer for something when they are made to feel incompetent. It is not fair. Maybe it is because I am the ONLY 20 year old that is volunteering on this board? I am not sure but I will NOT be volunteering to head ANY event again for this board for a long time. I will finish this one because I am committee to children said event will help out but NO, next time I am going to sit back and vote via email and twiddle my effin thumbs like the other board members.
No wonder people are selfish and do not volunteer for shit anymore.
*Pissed off Pearl*
*Side note, if you are easily offended, save yourself the trouble and the disappointment in me and do not read the following post.
Today I felt unappreciated and disrespected, 2 of my most hated things in the whole ENTIRE effin' world.
I volunteer for several organizations, I enjoy it, I like to keep busy and if you get down to the damn skinny of it I like to feel important. I put a lot of my time into these organizations, time I could be spending at home or on other things that need to be done (not that I do not spend a lot of time at home with my family- Could see that shit backfiring from a mile away.)
I am chair for a certain organizations fund-raiser this year and I have been working my ass off on top of all the others stuff you guys know I have going on and the President called me today and basically made me feel like shit, like I had accomplished nothing. I AM SO EFFIN SORRY THAT THE MAN WHO RAN SAID EVENT LAST YEAR APPARENTLY WALKED ON WATER BUT THIS GIRL DOES NOT. I have put a lot of thought and time into this and for him to question my time and commitment really pissed me off. Why would anyone want to volunteer for something when they are made to feel incompetent. It is not fair. Maybe it is because I am the ONLY 20 year old that is volunteering on this board? I am not sure but I will NOT be volunteering to head ANY event again for this board for a long time. I will finish this one because I am committee to children said event will help out but NO, next time I am going to sit back and vote via email and twiddle my effin thumbs like the other board members.
No wonder people are selfish and do not volunteer for shit anymore.
*Pissed off Pearl*



* Hugs *
ReplyDelete