Thursday, February 17, 2011

I think your tractors sexy but Don't Touch Me

Well, The Dad and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary in exactly 1 week.
I want to share how we met, how we feel in love, the struggles, the highlights and such leading up to our anniversary, so I have it on my blog to look back on (when I want to kill him) later in life.
This would be the how we met and started dating portion... it is a long one for hang on.
The Dad and I met in the summer of 2004. (Remember that summer ML??? Didn't think so) We were both working at The Bass Pro shop in Coastal Town. I was in college and working part time as a cashier, he worked in the marine department. The Dad was dating another girl that worked there, I used the term girl loosely, but I am sure she had a great personality :) She quit right before I was hired... Perfect timing, as devilish as it sounds. I was also dating someone who was actually a great guy but wrong wrong wrong for me (he also went to high school with The Dad... oops) but I digress.
We were both working at the Bass Pro Shop that summer. I first noticed The Dad when I was working at the cash register by the marine department. He was tan, had shaggy hair, incredibly cute dimples, liked to party and JUST MY TYPE. I did the whole batty eyes and smiles thing for a little bit, but didn't want to push it too far bc I was dating someone (which DID NOT last long). I started hanging out, and by hanging out I mean consuming MASSIVE amounts of alcohol and not sleeping) with several people at work. One day I walked by the marine department and looked at the Dad and said.... get ready for this shining moment, "I love your dimples" Yep.... weirdo girl in the cashier lane doesn't say hello, or hi my name is... nope just compliments your dimples and walks away! Lord. Apparently though for The Dad, that was all it took :)
That night a whole group from work decided to go to Ruby Tuesday, which happened to be the most happening spot and where we spent a nice chunk of the Summer of 2004. Knowing I had a boyfriend, but apparently not giving a damn, the much younger, much more attractive me asked The Dad to go with us. He said yes!!! I remember being so nervous that ML told me to shut it and stop talking about him... STAT. :) I didn't want him to see me in my work clothes bc that was all he ever saw me in so I went a bought a Guy Harvey shirt (yes, guy harvey.) to wear!
That night we all head down to Rubys and there is The Dad with his best friend, Mc (Also known as Uncle Mc, now that my son calls him Uncle). See like I said before The Dad had a "girl"friend and was trying his damndest to be a good boyfriend... again oops, so he brought Mc to hook me up with. He really liked me but figured if he hooked me up with his best friend it would be easier for him not to cheat on his girlfriend.... how did that work out for him you ask?? We ended up playing footsy under the table while Mc asked me getting to know you questions! After Ruby's we went back to The Dad's (mom's) house and hung out. I was completely plastered and apparently The Dad and Mc had a talk on the way home and it was made obvious that Mc would not be getting to know me any further bc when I got there The Dad held my hand... aww. (Not bc I was falling over from being a drunk college girl but bc he was being romantic... maybe... ok probably not). At some point in the night, ML left and Mc passed out and The Dad and I were left leaning against his tractor (err... riding lawn mower) and I say to him... I think your tractor's sexy... Yep, dump statement #2 and we hadn't even started dating yet. We kissed that night, and all I remember was for the first time EVER, a kiss took my breathe away. I remember only wanting to kiss him forever at the moment. PROBLEM=boyfriend... eff. I left his house as the sun was coming up to go home and get ready for work. I passed my then boyfriend (see I was staying with him. insert, bad name comment here) on the way in the house... where had I been all night, at ML's house of course. To say the least, that night was off the rictor scale.
Right, ML?
The next day I tell then boyfriend that my new friend, The Dad, will be giving me guitar lessons that day and he informs me that him and The Dad were friends in high school... crap. Oh well being young and stupid, I go over to The Dad's house for my "guitar lessons", well a little guitar music in the background as we made out of The Dad's bed :). Bad thing, We walk out of said guitar lesson, to then boyfriend sitting on The Dad's couch, talking to my future mother in law... Crap. He turns and ask me how the lesson was, where there had obviously been NO guitar lesson sounds coming out of that room. I say fine, he says we need to talk.... CRAP.
He asks me what is going on, I say guitar lessons, he says ok... I felt like crap and knew I had to end it but didn't want him to throw my shit in the yard... horrible horrible person.
That night, the whole gang goes to a local bar (keep in mind I am 19 years old). We are all laughing, drinking, having fun when I look up and in walks then boyfriend's best friends... my reaction to The Dad, I look at him as say, DON'T TOUCH ME! The guys look at me funny and him very angrily, thinking he was trying to hit on their best friends woman. Luckily at this very moment, right before bar brawl begins, the bartender comes over and ask for my ID... um what ID I am 19 and invincible, remember?? He tells The Dad to take me home. Off we go. It is blantantly obviously that we need to make a decision.... Do we? No. We sit in his truck for 3 hours and make out.
The next day I was set to go to Backwoods, GA with ML and our friend KT. We left for Backwoods that day and I was a little bummed. I knew The Dad had a date with the "girl"friend (ok chick was UUUUGGGGGLLLLLYYYYY, there I said it.) that night and although I had no right in the WORLD to be mad, I was. How did I resolve this situation? Drank massive amounts of Moonshine with ML and KT and get even more shitfire angry. At about 2 in the morning, I decide to call The Dad and let him have a piece of my mind... bc it was all his fault for having a girlfriend, and the fact that I still had a boyfriend was a mute point.
The Dad: Hello (In a sleepy voice bc he had to be at work at 6am that morning)
Me: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? LEADING ME ON AND GOING ON A DATE...
The Dad: I broke up with her
Me: WITH THAT GIRL WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME. YOU KISSED
The Dad: I broke up with her
Me: ME AND TOLD ME YOU LIKED ME. I TOLD YOUR TRACTOR IS SEXY FOR GOODNESS SAKE... Wait what?
The Dad: I broke up with "girl"friend.
Me: YOOOOOOUUUUU DDDDIIIIIDDD (cried in a drunken stuper)
The Dad: Yes, I did. I want to be with you but obviously can't because you are in the middle of God knows where with cows and chickens
Me: and Moonshine
The Dad: Really?
Me: Yeah.
The Dad: (laughs) I am going to have my hands full with you.
He had no idea.
I come home from the party in the backwoods and met up with Then Boyfriend. I tell him we have to break up. That he was a great guy (He was to put up with my shenanaghans), but I am moving into a different direction (WHAT??? I was... in sorts) He asked me if it was The Dad and I said... of course not. I was a big horrible liar person when I was 19 apparently.
I drove over to The Dad's house, walked into his room, told him I broke up with then boyfriend and he said... "Great! So we are going out now right?" ha ha ha, I said yes. We kissed and watched Family Guy DVD box set the rest of the evening.
Told you it was a long story, but this is the start of my love story with The Dad... it has been a wild ride... from the beginning.
*Pearl*

4 comments:

  1. :) I remember the 1st time that I saw your with Bobby! It was at El Potros :) SO happy for you 2! You've done AMAZING! I cannot believe its been 6 years already!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that the "she wears tennis shoes" day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief. Talk about a walk down memory lane. I still remember all of that very vividly!! I still think you need to thank 'ol ML for dragging you around that summer. If it wasn't for me and my drunken shenanigans, you so wouldn't have been at Ruby's that night!! ;)

    Kidding. You guys are cute. And trouble. But your already knew that. ;)

    I think I got a contact hangover just from reading this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ML for driving my drunken butt around that summer!!! Love our memories!

    ReplyDelete