Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things I miss about Coastal Town

I am having a small withdrawl for Coastal Town.
Coastal town is the town The Dad and I got married in and raised Doodle for the first 4.5 years of his life. It is where The Dad's family is. It is where our best friends are. It is where a piece of our hearts still are. I have been pining for some Coastal town lately.
1. I miss getting together at the MIL's for late dinners at least once a week with the WHOLE Italian family.
2. I miss knowing everyone by name. Swear I knew 89.7% of the town.
3. I miss homecoming in fall with the small town parade and bon fire.
4. I miss driving over the via duct and seeing the big American flag.
5. I miss not having to worry about what we were doing on the weekend bc we would either be at Uncle Mc's house or they would be at ours.
6. I miss the coastal breeze.
7. I miss El Potros.
8. I miss having 2 main streets.
9. I miss my favorite Scotish Pub and their steak and Guinness stew (with mashed potatoes)
10. I miss bar hopping in the hill.
11. I miss sleep overs with my SIL.
12. I miss Doodle getting to see his GiGi on a regular basis, which meant me eating pepporoni out of her fridge.
13. I miss being 10 minutes from my BFFFFFFFFL.
14. I miss not having to facebook stalk bc everyone knew everything about everyone...
ok maybe not so much this one.
15. I miss the river and a certain seafood place on the river.
AND
I miss Coastal Town.
I know that moving away was right for us at the time. I love it here in Golf Town with our new house and with being close to my Nanny. It was the best decision The Dad and I have made. Not only has it been a good financial one but our relationship is much stronger now. I have met 2 ladies that I will be best friends with forever and I have gotten to spend a lot of time with my sisters but still...
I miss Coastal Town.
I will be back there one day. No worries Coastal Town. I know you miss me too!
*Pearl*

2 comments:

  1. boo.:( i now have the sads because i miss coastal town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    you left the most important part out- you miss me. duh. but i'll see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I could not be more excited if I tried. fo sho.

    ReplyDelete