Monday, March 14, 2011

Pioneer Girl Night and Doodleisms

Soooooo.... I had an amazingly crappy week last week. I pouted and whined my way through it. I got bad news after bad news and just felt down right sad. I didn't blog because I did not feel like it. I didn't do a lot of anything, although I have 3 events next month that are quickly approaching.
I decided to just enjoy my weekend without any outside distractions and it worked wonders for my soul!
On Friday night, I entertained my Aunt and Uncle, whom I have not seen in ages, as well as, my Nanny and her husband. The Dad had to work, of course, but we still had a blast.
I practically lived with these people when I was younger. Both of my parents worked and they kept me a lot of the time so Friday night was full of childhood stories and photos and A LOT of laughter. I made homemade Stromboli for the first time and it was DELICIOUS!! I also made Strawberry Shortcake, my fav!

The only off part of the night was that is made me miss my grandfather. He and my Uncle were best friends and a lot of my childhood memories that included my aunt and uncle also included my grandfather. He was the most amazing man I ever met. I miss him.
After, dinner I took The Dad a stromboli up to the FD. The guys were mucho impressed and I couldn't help but soak up their compliments. I have learn a lot about Italian cooking from the MIL, I think she was proud when I called her that night!

Saturday, we were lazy. I made green pancakes with sprinkles cooked into them. I topped mine with the left over strawberries and whipped cream from the shortcake the night before and
OH LAWDY BE they were AWESOME!

Saturday night, Southern Fried Mama and I went to meet the Pioneer Women, Ree Drummand. We love her and were super excited to meet her!



She was amazing, of course. Real and funny just like her blog. I bought her book "Black Heels and Tractor Wheels" and she signed it.

After the book signing, Southern Fried Mama introduced me to Tapas. We ordered Martini's and tons of food and it was delicious! We definitely enjoyed our "girl date". Best part of the night was as we were leaving the tapas restuarant I said, "Southern Fried Mama, the best part of our girl date was your tuna." I was speaking of the Tuna Capacio that she has ordered but of course being the boy brained girls we are, we laughed HARD.
Nothing like an accidental lesbian joke to end a good girl date!
That night I got home and cuddled up with The Dad and started reading the book I had purchased and before I knew it, it was 2am and I was entralled in this book. Ya'll it was that good! (I think a lot of it had to do with my following her blog so I felt like I knew her. So I would strongly suggest checking out her blog http://www.thepioneerwife.com/ before you read it)
Sunday morning, I woke up and all I wanted to do was read. So I did... ALL DAY with the occasional breaks to feed my kid and wash the paint out of my table cloth :)
I finished the book. The whole book. In a day.
There are a couple doodleism I have to blog about from Sunday. This boy makes my heart blurt with joy. I love him soooo much.
Mom- What are you doing?
Dood- Jumping on your bed.
Mom- UMM... WHY?
Dood- because it's fun.
Mom- Well stop.
Dood- You are couponing because you think it's fun. I didn't tell you to stop.
Mom- Touche'
Later Sunday night, while giving Dood his bath
Dood- Mom, where did I come from?
Mom- You came from inside Mommy's tummy, remember the pictures.
Dood- I know how I got there.
Mom- Oh do you?
Dood- Yeah, You ate too much and your tummy grew bigger and bigger so you went to the hospital and the Dr. pushed on your tummy and BOOM (splashes water all over the bathroom) there I was.
I had to laugh... and think the Good Lord Almighty that he "knew" how he got in there and did not ask me how :)
Well that was my weekend.
It is Monday and I have already had a small work crisis and a run in my hose. Awesome.
Can I go back to yesterday?
*Pearl*

No comments:

Post a Comment