Thursday, March 17, 2011

Straight to key the night???

First, Happy St Patties Day. I miss Coastal Town the most on this day because the St. Patties day festivities that go on there are the best in the world. Where and when else do you have the ability to start drinking at 9 am and not get judged??

The photo below is my favorite St. Patties day memory. It is when the best friend, Uncle Mc, got married to the most incredible girl for him EVER and we were there to celebrate. Funny how my favorite St Patties memory does not even involve alcohol (probably because said alcohol is the reason I do not have many memories of St. Patties Day in Coastal Town). Anywho...

No, I was not wearing green, neither was Uncle Mc. Ha. It was a wedding and I did not have a green dress. Sue me. Also, I am not sure why The Dad looks like he is about to lick my ear. Inappropriate.

Ok so now onto the post I wanted to post about today before I remembered it was St. Patties.


You know when you are a kid and you think that a song says one thing but it says something completely different... and you do not realize it until you are an adult. You know, after you have been singing it wrong for the last 20 years. Yep. Happens to me all the time.

I was reminded of this yesterday as I drove my car and listen to Toby Keith crooning away about how he should have been a cowboy.


He sang:

I shoulda been a cowboy

I shoulda learned to rope and ride

Wearing my six-shooter,

riding my pony, on a cattle drive

Stealing young girl's hearts

Just like Gene and Roy

Singing those campfire songs

Oh, I should've been a cowboy


I sang:

I shoulda been a cowboy

I shoulda learned to rope and hide

Wearing my sex center (why was I singing about sex at 6 years old, Mom?)

riding my pony on a cattle drive

Stealing young girl's hearts

just like Gene and Toys

Singing those campfire songs

Oh, I should've been a cowboy


Lordy. I had that ALL jacked up.


Also messed up a certain John Anderson song about Tequila and fighting. I blame this on the fact that I was not familiar with Tequila, nor its direct effect on my gag reflex.


He Sang:

But don't ask her on a straight tequila night.

She'll start thinkin' about him, then she's ready to fight.

Blames her broken heart on every man in sight,

On a straight tequila night.


I Sang:

But don't ask her on a straight to key the night.

She'll start thinkin' about him, then she's ready to fight.

Blames her broken heart on every man in sight,

On a straight to key the night.
Straight to key the night? What does that even mean?

See, I think my mom knew I was singing it wrong but because I was just so gosh darn cute she let me keep singing it that way. Thanks for that mom.

This morning, like every morning for the last 2 months, Doodle wanted to listen to Justin Beiber's Never Say Never before school. Not lying, it gets him pumped up for the day... and it might get his mom pumped up too :) but Doodle has his own version.


Justin Beiber sings:

I will never say never!

(I will fight) I will fight till forever!

(Whenever you knock me down,

I will not stay on the ground.

Pick it up,Pick it up,

Pick it up,Pick it up up up,

And never say never.


Doodle Beiber sings:

I will never say never!

(I will fight) I will fight till forever!

\Whenever you knock me down,

I will not stay on the ground.

Pick your nose,Pick your nose,

Pick your nose ,Pick your nose, nose, nose

And never say booger.


Ok I am sure he knows this is not the way the song goes and he is just trying to make his mom, whom is NOT a morning person laugh and guess what... it works.


*Mom to the best little boy ever Pearl*

No comments:

Post a Comment