This weekend was fun, fast and BUSY... just like everything else in this household :)
The mom-in-law, Uncle Video Game and The Dad's grandmother came into town this weekend. Of course, we always look forward to the mom-in-law coming but this weekend was extra special because G.T. was coming too! I will not even try to lie and say I was not running around like a mad woman before she arrived. G.T. is the dad's grandmother, she is 100% lady, 100% Italian, 100% Northern and makes me 100% nervous. I hate to admit that because she is a really sweet lady but me being born and raise in Georgia, I am always trying to figure out what I need to do to stand out and make her like me even more and guess what... after almost 6 years of marriage.... I HAVE SUCCEEDED!!!!!! She LOVED the new house, said my decorating skills were amazing, I had all her favorite foods and she really enjoyed her visit.... SCORE!!!!!!
They came into town on Friday night (FriDAY consisted of grocery shopping, cleaning, cleaning and MORE cleaning) and we decided to go get Mexican for dinner. It was super duper yummy!
After dinner we came home, had a glass of wine and talked and laughed until well past midnight.
Saturday morning, we got up around 9 and had some coffee and Eatenmens (G.T.'s favorite) coffee crumb cake. It was very good and very bad for my widening hips :) After breakfast we took our time getting ready and then headed to downtown Golf Town. The Mom-in-law has been here a million times and I had yet to take her downtown so I took this opportunity to do so. We went to eat lunch at one of my favorite Golf Town original restaurants. They have a seafood bisque that is delicious and a sandwich that is one of my all time favorites! They call it the Curious George and it has turkey, provolone, and spinach dip on a cabata bread bun. SO GOOD! After lunch I took them down to the river. These are the only pictures I got from the whole weekend because I am in desperate need of a new camera and have only my phone to take photos!
The Mom-in-law and G.T.
Uncle Video Game and Doodle
After the river we went to an arts and crafts fair at a local catholic church downtown. It was fun but we really did not find anything. After that we headed to Kirklands. G.T. just purchased a new home as well and she wanted me to help her find some things to decorate (a BIG compliment!!!) After Kirklands, we came home to make Stromboli and watch Toy Story 3! Well before that we had a couple glasses of wine and the Mom-in-law, G.T., and I ended up singing some David Allen Coe! There should have been a video camera on that one!
Sunday, I woke up in a mood. See, I am not a morning person and by that I mean I am a total bear until I have had about an hour to wake up AND at least 2 cups of coffee. So Sunday morning was a little trying for me. We all got up and we were kind of lazy, we drank coffee and watched the next karate kid (Cute!) after that I made omelets with ham, cheese, tomatoes and sauteed onions and peppers. Then the Mom-in-law and G.T. had to get on the road. It was a very nice weekend BUT I was EXHAUSTED by Sunday night!!!
I really enjoy when family comes to visit! This weekend was especially great because I feel like G.T. really accepts me into the family now. I know that sounds silly but I am the little southern belle that married into an Northern Irish/Italian family. Score one for this Southern Belle!!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend as well!!
*Pearl*
The mom-in-law, Uncle Video Game and The Dad's grandmother came into town this weekend. Of course, we always look forward to the mom-in-law coming but this weekend was extra special because G.T. was coming too! I will not even try to lie and say I was not running around like a mad woman before she arrived. G.T. is the dad's grandmother, she is 100% lady, 100% Italian, 100% Northern and makes me 100% nervous. I hate to admit that because she is a really sweet lady but me being born and raise in Georgia, I am always trying to figure out what I need to do to stand out and make her like me even more and guess what... after almost 6 years of marriage.... I HAVE SUCCEEDED!!!!!! She LOVED the new house, said my decorating skills were amazing, I had all her favorite foods and she really enjoyed her visit.... SCORE!!!!!!
They came into town on Friday night (FriDAY consisted of grocery shopping, cleaning, cleaning and MORE cleaning) and we decided to go get Mexican for dinner. It was super duper yummy!
After dinner we came home, had a glass of wine and talked and laughed until well past midnight.
Saturday morning, we got up around 9 and had some coffee and Eatenmens (G.T.'s favorite) coffee crumb cake. It was very good and very bad for my widening hips :) After breakfast we took our time getting ready and then headed to downtown Golf Town. The Mom-in-law has been here a million times and I had yet to take her downtown so I took this opportunity to do so. We went to eat lunch at one of my favorite Golf Town original restaurants. They have a seafood bisque that is delicious and a sandwich that is one of my all time favorites! They call it the Curious George and it has turkey, provolone, and spinach dip on a cabata bread bun. SO GOOD! After lunch I took them down to the river. These are the only pictures I got from the whole weekend because I am in desperate need of a new camera and have only my phone to take photos!
After the river we went to an arts and crafts fair at a local catholic church downtown. It was fun but we really did not find anything. After that we headed to Kirklands. G.T. just purchased a new home as well and she wanted me to help her find some things to decorate (a BIG compliment!!!) After Kirklands, we came home to make Stromboli and watch Toy Story 3! Well before that we had a couple glasses of wine and the Mom-in-law, G.T., and I ended up singing some David Allen Coe! There should have been a video camera on that one!
Sunday, I woke up in a mood. See, I am not a morning person and by that I mean I am a total bear until I have had about an hour to wake up AND at least 2 cups of coffee. So Sunday morning was a little trying for me. We all got up and we were kind of lazy, we drank coffee and watched the next karate kid (Cute!) after that I made omelets with ham, cheese, tomatoes and sauteed onions and peppers. Then the Mom-in-law and G.T. had to get on the road. It was a very nice weekend BUT I was EXHAUSTED by Sunday night!!!
I really enjoy when family comes to visit! This weekend was especially great because I feel like G.T. really accepts me into the family now. I know that sounds silly but I am the little southern belle that married into an Northern Irish/Italian family. Score one for this Southern Belle!!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend as well!!
*Pearl*



Relax, woman! G.T. had a great time! :)
ReplyDeleteThank goodness :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete