Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday- Veteran's Day Edition.

It is no secret that I have been in a crap mood lately!

If you take a looksy at my facebook page, it is littered with negative status post about how I have been feeling lately about this and that.

If you look at my twitter, there are little tweets like, "is this day over yet?" and "what a horrible day!"
Well this morning I recieved a message from an old friend (like HIGH SCHOOL old) telling me that she enjoyed my blog! It made me smile because I often wonder if anyone even reads my blog :) and then I realized, "Geez!" you should be glad to be able to even write a blog.
To have the freedom to do such frivilous things.

Today is Veteran's Day!

Today I am thankful for all the veterans that have served or are still serving for our country.

This holiday has new meaning to me this year. A couple of weeks ago I blogged about a friend who was injured in the line of duty in Afghanastan. I see what his family it going through and it put this day and this war into a whole new persceptive for me.

Thank you so much to ALL of you that have fought or are fighting for my Freedom!

Here are just a few of my favorites!!

My Dad- Army


My Papa- Army


My Grandfather in law- Navy


My father in law- Air Force

Italian Stallion and Little V- USMC- Italian Stallion has been a friend of The Dad's since they were little and his wife is one of my best friends! This is Italian Stallion and his little brother Little V at Little V's swearing in ceremony. I absolutely love this piture!
Raise Chicken- USMC- Raise Chicken has also been a friend of my husband since high school (maybe earlier). Both Raise Chicken and Italian Stallion have baby girls under 6 months and are both deployed, so today I think of their wives (and my friends) too! Stay strong ladies!The Gator Twins- Army- These guys and I have a love/hate relationship! I love them any time other than college football season! :) They are Florida Gator Fans and I am a Georgia Bulldogs fan so we go head to head alot but I appreciate them!
Mr West Palm Beach- ARMY- Mr West Palm Beach was injured earlier this year in the line of duty. He lost both of him legs below the knee, yet he still is positive and passionate about the fight he was fighting! He and his family are truly inspirational!
Lastly, this is a brother of a friend of mine. He made the ultimately sacrifice for our freedom.-NAVY

You will always be remembered as our hero!
Please thank your veterans today! If it were not for them you would not even have the freedom to read this blog!

THANK YOU SO MUCH VETERANS!
*Pearl*






No comments:

Post a Comment