So as I have said before, I am the laziest person I know, therefore I often overbook myself because if I am not extremely busy then I will be extremely lazy, BUT today that plan backfired on me.
BIG TIME!
A friend had been trying to get in touch with me for about a month but something would happen and I would have to call her back (btw I am sooooo extremely sucky at returning phone calls) or I would be in a meeting and miss her call... either way I was too busy and she couldn't reach me.
She was calling to ask me to be in her wedding, yesterday was the last day to order dresses, and I missed out. She chose someone else...damn it I am mad at myself.
I know that the things I keep myself busy doing are important, but not as important as hanging out with one of my good friends. She was one of the first real friends I made after The Dad and I moved back to golf town. I suck. I feel horrible. Of course, as always, she was kind and sweet and forgave me immediately. We made plans for Saturday so I feel a little, by that I mean VERY little bit, better. The only comment she said was, "At least now I know you are human."
Often times my friends call me Supermom and to be honest I love it. I enjoy doing all the things I do for my family, community, and friends BUT being supermom does come with some down falls. I schedule phone calls with my friends bc I am super busy and often times Doodle is in bed before I get home from board meetings.
Am I too busy?
Grrr.... I hate being human.
*Pearl*
BIG TIME!
A friend had been trying to get in touch with me for about a month but something would happen and I would have to call her back (btw I am sooooo extremely sucky at returning phone calls) or I would be in a meeting and miss her call... either way I was too busy and she couldn't reach me.
She was calling to ask me to be in her wedding, yesterday was the last day to order dresses, and I missed out. She chose someone else...damn it I am mad at myself.
I know that the things I keep myself busy doing are important, but not as important as hanging out with one of my good friends. She was one of the first real friends I made after The Dad and I moved back to golf town. I suck. I feel horrible. Of course, as always, she was kind and sweet and forgave me immediately. We made plans for Saturday so I feel a little, by that I mean VERY little bit, better. The only comment she said was, "At least now I know you are human."
Often times my friends call me Supermom and to be honest I love it. I enjoy doing all the things I do for my family, community, and friends BUT being supermom does come with some down falls. I schedule phone calls with my friends bc I am super busy and often times Doodle is in bed before I get home from board meetings.
Am I too busy?
Grrr.... I hate being human.
*Pearl*



This is why you should answer your damn phone!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know. I'm horrible BUT I am pretty sure you are just as bad as I am. Just sayin' :)
ReplyDelete