Sunday, June 19, 2011

6 is a number that makes mom cry!


6. That is how old my "baby" turned this week.

6 YEARS OLD.

You see this baby with the cake all over his itty bitty wittle face? That was yesterday in my mind and then I just had to blink and now he is the big below with the mario cake. sigh.

See... I thought 5 was hard. Starting kindergarten and no longer being a toodler and all.

NOPE... That was a mean mama mind game. 6 is MUCH harder.

He is going to first grade. He informed me today that he did not need me to tuck him in.... or wash his hair. He got a big boy bike for his birthday with NO training wheels. He told me Happy Easter today (Oh crap! That is another blog post.)

He is getting bigger and this mama does not like it! I don't like it at all.

BUT... I am sooo proud of the little man he is becoming. I am proud that he is learning right from wrong. I am proud he already embodies humility, kindness and love. I am proud that he is MY 6 year old.

Now I am going to go in there and "tuck him in", I can care less if he is already asleep!

*~* Sad Mama Pearl *~*

1 comment:

  1. Every number makes me cry!! Birthdays are supposed to be a happy time but I get SO depressed around their birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete